Monday Breakfast

Assalamualaikum

As for this morning, nothing was more disappointing than tasting your own cooking,
That was extremely salty when you're hungry. When you thought it would taste just fine.
Guess that I'd hurt my head for consuming too much salt in the morning.

I remember my friends from back then when I was 12.
I did spend years before 2010 with them, but the sight of them in 2010 was the most vivid one that I could be picturing right now.
We were in that pink uniform. I could be myself and was all crazy, so were you.

We would have Safwan as our big brother. And Aisyah as my sparring partner.
And Hajar that looked like marshmallow.
And the race between the whole classmates (sometimes I was excluded) and Ain Zayani to find meaning of words in the Kamus Dewan. I remember one time when Aiman won once.

The wasted time of my after-school moments, sometimes to see you or bump into you.
The wasted excitements and extra wide smiles, sometimes when we happened to walk pass each other.

Now we have grown up.

I remember the times we all gathered to catch up with one another,
But none was trying their best to get to know about the others' road.

The times I spent my holidays at Aneeq's house.
But now it seems so far away.

The place that once became my absolute favourite.
But now everything changes. People built a roundabout there.
The streets are getting bigger. The tars aren't in a mess no more.

It's nice to know that you guys are still calling out to one another.
I'm watching from my home, you know. If in case you wonder where I've been.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Daylight 2#

"Slut!"

Conceptual Metaphor