Hey

Assalamualaikum

I didn't know, whether you doubted yourself or not.
I never knew how you would behave with your friends.
You were nice to look at,
But I hated to admit the fact that in some haircuts you did look amazing.

You have always been everyone's favourite.
You, and your slender figure.
You, and your every flawless attempt.
You, and everything that makes people fall for you.

You are my favourite too,
But I have always hated to admit to your face.

"Do you think I can make it?"

You and your skinny fingers, holding fork and spoon,
Looking straight at me, wanting an answer.

Honestly, I didn't know what to say.
It had always been easy for you. If it's you, I knew you could do it.
If it's you, I knew it would be great news.
Allah has given you a lot of blessings. Allah really loves you, a lot, you know.
Alhamdulillah for that.

Sometimes you weren't serious.
You grew up really fast and now you're gone to somewhere far in a blink of an eye.
Back then you would be mad at me for certain things, yes I behaved badly I'm sorry.

Back then you would tell me you had no money, so I'd give you some of mine.
But at home I saw you take out some from your pocket.

I'm sorry I kicked you in the face back then.
It is still hurtful to think about it. I'm really sorry.
You might not remember it.

I want to keep you close to me.
But now our baby boy has fully grown up too.
We are all growing up. And one day will leave one another too.

Take care.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Daylight 2#

"Slut!"

Say Don't Go