Never Grow Up

Assalamualaikum

I like to go to bookstores,
I might get it from mom, or dad,
But I don't really know whether this actually runs in the blood.
Well, it doesn't matter, does it?

Being so young, still couldn't afford to buy fancy things for myself,
Books were my escape back then. I could only afford to pay for books.
But as it became a habit, buying books every time we went somewhere far from home,
I was told to have my own savings, to buy those books, which weren't actually books.
They were novels and comics.

So I started to starve myself at school..
Nah just kidding hahaha.
I started to save some money, for novels and comics.

As you grew up, you started to do the same thing.
Except the saving part; you used dad's money to buy those comics.

I like the fact that you also like to buy books.
I like it when you read. You seem smart and decent.

That's why I would never want to miss coming to pbakl, every freaking year,
I like to buy you misi comics, a lot of them, just for you adik.

It's not that I don't like samyang.
They taste good, but it's just too spicy and pricey for me.
But I would always buy you a packet every time I went home for semester break.
Now you start to have your own stock of them.
I don't know what makes you like them, but that's okay.
I like buying samyang for you adik.
And eat them with you while watching you running around as you can't really handle it.

I thought you're still my baby boy,
I couldn't even imagine you speak to your friends and teachers,
When you brought your friends home I was surprised.
I couldn't think of you standing by yourself.

But little did I know, I was wrong the whole time.

I'm so proud of you for making your own solid decision.
I'm proud of you for growing up so fine and so good.
I'm proud of you, for wanting to change yourself,
For being ambitious. For doing something for yourself.
And I'm so proud of myself, for having you as my brother.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Daylight 2#

"Slut!"

Conceptual Metaphor