Short Story

I look at her.
No expression. Her eyes seem dead.

The leather coat is still in my hand.
We both have nothing to say.

I miss her. I really do miss her.
But now, it feels like she's hundred miles away from me.
When she's just right in front of me.

It feels like,
We are close. As strangers.

Six months I'd been away, to know everything has changed.
That hurts. A little bit too much.
Feels like I am all smouldering.

Just like the feelings between us, in her.
Burning slowly, but there ain't no flame.

"I think you should say welcome home to me,?"

I try to break the silence, which we never had before.

She smiles. A smile I had never seen before.
Stands up, her eyes are locked into mine.
But they are all different than before.

"Everything has changed," she said.

"Six weeks since I've been away
And now you're sayin' everything has changed
And I'm afraid that I might be losing you"


Now I am all afraid.

"And every night that we spend alone
It kills me thinking of you on your own
And I wish I was back home next to you"


Yeah. I wished I was next to you. 

"Late night calls and another text
Is this as good as we're gonna get?"

I know I had been busy,
I could only call you when the midnight air was drawing in, slowly. 

"While you and I are running out of time
But you know that I'll always wait for you"

I will, forever and always wait for you.

Tears start to fill my eyes.
A huge wave of sadness hits me hard.

"I feel like we're as close as strangers
Won't give up
Even though it hurts so much"

But I won't give up.
No matter how hurt it is, I won't.

"On the phone
I can tell that you wanna move on
Through the tears
I can hear that I shouldn't have gone"

I called you one night.
You were sobbing, all alone in your room.
You told me there was someone else.

It struck my heart like anything else had done.

Yeah,

Your dead eyes when meeting mine,
Your breathless smile and stare,
Your cold hands,
Your everything.

Now I see, everything has totally changed.

"Six months since I went away
And I know everything has changed
But tomorrow I'll be coming back to you"


"Please, leave," 

I look at her.

Grab my backpack,
Put on that leather coat she gave me,
Ready to leave. 

But I will come back for sure,
To you Delilah.

- 5 Seconds of Summer, Close As Strangers



Comments

  1. why is this so sad? why is this so heart breaking? why must she have someone else? why does this happen to them?

    and i keep thinking the 'i' as you, it was pretty weird to finish the story hahahahahahahahahahaha but this is so nice TTTTTTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHAHAHAHA. thanks . the I must surely be a guy lahh

    ReplyDelete
  3. waaaaa sedihhhh, plus with this background music. im gonna cryyyyy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha. thank you sudi baca. background music disengajakan wahahahaha <3

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Daylight 2#

"Slut!"

Say Don't Go