Short Story

I know I need to study more and do something about the Chemistry thing.

The midterm result has been pinned on the batch board.
And of course, once again I failed to be on the top 10 list.
Mom and dad won't surely say a thing, but I know they're hoping for something.

"Guess I should be heading to the library,"

BUK!

"Ouch!"

A girl's voice reaches my ears.

"Oh I'm sorry, really sorry!"

Man I couldn't do a thing right!

"Nah, it's okay,"

I help her pick up her books.

Rachel.
Oh, this Rachel. The best student in this college.
Guess I know some facts about her.

She is her daddy's favourite, he is so positive of her being in Harvard few years later.
Oh she can also speak French, bet she's fluent.

A nice and good girl.
Also, a beauty. Perfect, huh?

"Hey,"

She turns around to face me.

"Congrats on being the best student again,"

She beams me a sweet smile. And walks away.

**

I tighten up my sweater on my body. The night air is surely something else.
Calum told me he's alone at home.

"Come over here! Let's do some covers, Michael is here too!,"

And now, here I am. In front of the door of Hood's territory.

"Go to my room first!Michael and I are preparing some night snacks,"

Okie dokie. I twist the door knob and switch on the light. I sink myself in Calum's bean bag, right beside an opened window. I have no idea how this guy has been enduring the coldness of the night. I stand up, wanting to close it. Suddenly,

"Oh God!!" I scream a bit as I saw a figure trying to sneak herself out of the window of her room, right beside Calum's room window. Rachel?

She puts her finger on her red lips. Shhh!
That leaves me speechless. She winks at me, and waves goodbye.

WHAT DID I SEE JUST NOW?!

My eyes follow her every step. Reaching the ground, I see her hold hands with a guy. Bet he's her boyfriend.

"Luke?What are doing there?" Calum asks as he walks in the room.

"Uuuu, I think he's trying to stalk that good girl hahaha. Rachel, is it?" Michael adds in.

"Hahaha! That Rachey girl is busy blanketing herself with all those books,"

Calum sits on the floor, handing me a tin of soda.

And I have nothing to say.

**

"Hey Rachel!"

"Just forget what you thought about me last night. That's normal. Good girls are bad girls,"
"That haven't been caught,heh," She smirks.

"So, just turn around and please,"
"Forget what you saw,"
"Cause good girls are bad girls that haven't been caught,hahaha," 

She winks at me.

WHAT'S WITH THAT ATTITUDE?!
I thought she's a good girl?! A good girl doesn't wink at boys!

**

"Luke, guess who lives in library?" Calum asks.

I laugh. What kind of question is that?

"Absolutely not you hahaha!"

I answer while laughing. Calum grabs my shoulder and whispers,

"Your crush,Rachel!"

That gives me goosebumps. I try to shake it off.

"What's with you man?!She's not my crush! And what kind of human lives in library? I thought she has a home?"

This time Calum is laughing hard.

"That Rachey girl is a straight As student. I swear she lives in the library! If you don't trust me, let's go and check it out now!" Calum pulls my arm and drags me all the way to the library.

Man. I never told him I agree on doing this. Whatever.

There are not many people in the library. Calum and I try hard to search for that one figure.
I also think a good student like her will often go to the library. But now, I think I doubt it a little.

"Maybe she's not here today,Calum. Let's give up. Recess time is almost over,"

I'm trying to leave, then Calum quickly grabs my hand.

"That's her! In one of those private reading rooms!"

I see no one, but I do see her sneakers outside the room. Suddenly, the door to the room opens. Calum and I quickly hide ourselves behind the book shelves. We peek at her.

She's trying her best to tip-toe all her way to the exit entrance of the library, after saying goodbye to her boyfriend.

Calum seems so shock, while I guess that I'm used to see her like that.
Since the first time I witnessed her mischief, I don't know why but I always happen to bump into her at malls, with her boyfriend, at Baskin Robbins outside the town (this is far), at football matches, like anywhere!
And every time we happen to make eye-contact, she would say,

"Forget what you thought,"
"Good girls are bad girls that haven't been caught,"
"Just turn around and forget what you saw,"
"Cause good girls are bad girls that haven't been caught!"

**

"And the best student of the year, goes to...."
"Rachel Morris!"

Everyone in the hall claps hard for her. Rachel, a good girl, a good student, that everyone adores. Except me, and Calum.

"She sure is a perfect girl,huh? I think I'm starting to like her," says Michael.

Calum and I exchanging stares. Well, guess that we laugh a little inside.

- 5 Seconds of Summer, Good Girls




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Daylight 2#

"Slut!"

Say Don't Go