Hers.

Assalamualaikum

I saw her face on that day.
The radiant light shone brightly from that figure.
Herself was overwhelmed with mixed feelings.
We were deep in silence. Yet we both knew one thing.

It was bad. she was counting every tick and it made me sick.
It was bad, she was counting every single day, and all I could say was,
Nothing. I rested my eyes on her. We both knew one thing.

She kept it to herself. But I knew she was waiting for it.
Without an aim, just like always. Knowing her,
I knew she would go through that day without plans or ruined plans, if she did make a few.

Days were passing by us, I noticed she did no longer count the tick.
The lids were closed and opened, repeated steps and she now once again was overwhelmed,
With mixed feelings.

The daylight was out and last night she couldn't sleep well.
Her movings kept me wide awake. I tried to speak out my thoughts,
But all I could say was, once again nothing.

Knowing her, she would pretend to be fine but I knew all she wanted was sleep haha.
But to reach out for you, her feet moved so fast I couldn't catch my breath.
But to get a glance of you, herself was lost and I knew it- she was deep in her own twisted land.
She was deep in confusion I couldn't save myself.

Just like the summer breeze driving by the tip of your nose and your unnoticed eyelashes,
You cared less and she was careless. I knew it- she would break herself.

Herself with her unsettled feelings, she was lost in those minutes you thought you'd given.
It was bad. I tried to save myself but the beat of her inner self was unsteady.
I tried to save myself but the steps she took were already too far.

Sitting next to her with Last Kiss, Last Christmas, Last Dance,
Good Goodbye, Heartache and so the list went on.
I told her to get up and start working.
Rested my eyes on hers,
Knowing her,

Knowing myself, I need some sleep.

- The Faith, Perhatianmu



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Daylight 2#

"Slut!"

Say Don't Go