Change

Assalamualaikum

You changed me.

I never thought it would come to this.
Like last night, and yesterday. And the day before our every yesterday we spent together.

You coloured me.

The black and white scenes all around me suddenly changed,
Splashing colours, name it ; pastel, bright, and any of them you know, I was soaked,
Looking all fancy and crazy with those colours you brought in.

You breathed me.

The times I lost in every crowd and didn't bother to save myself,
You came along and took my whole soul away from it.
Telling myself I got you in every space that covered me.

Sometimes I think to myself you're not good for me.

Every time we meet and sit down to talk for a bit,
That one bit can never be enough.
That minutes turn to hours.
All I could think is time wasting,
But seeing you is what I think I need.

Every time we gather around and telling ourselves we're gonna be useful this time,
That time can never be golden with books and scribbles around,
But it turns to premium gold card those rich people have with your stories of the past,
All I could think is sleeping,
But hearing you and learning something about you are what I've been hoping.

No. You're not good for me.
I can be crazy and unstable because of the attention you give.
I can be so loud my parents would probably not know me for me.
I can be someone else people say,
But I guess that someone is me.
That else is me.

Me, for who I am.

Alhamdulillah,
I thank Allah for having you by my side.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Daylight 2#

"Slut!"

Say Don't Go