Short Story

The night air was cold, and strange.

It felt like someone was watching me.
Like, really. I turned all around, every degree I'd learned on the protractor when I was 13.
All I saw was nobody. It gave me goose pimples, like, really. All of the ghosts' names came out on my mind.

"God! Where's that Ashton guy?!"

I screamed out loud, to brush away those nonsenses.
I felt a pat on my back, I quickly turned.

"Sorry Cal, Luke's car broke on our way here, so we took some time,"

"It's okay, let's get the recording done tonight,"

*

"Man, finishing that one song last night tires me 'till this afternoon!"

Michael yawned.

"You can beat Calum all you want, Mike,"

I wanted to laugh hearing what Ashton said, but suddenly my heart raced.
Like, really. Racing crazily! I stopped walking. This beating hurt my chest, I started to catch up with my breath.

"Cal? You okay? What happened?"

All of my friends were asking me, and in a second I thought I'd seen an angel walking pass me.

It's that girl. Aidan.

*

It was Sunday morning. The supermarket near our house was, a bit empty.

"Let's see, ketchup, nutella, milk,"

I started to search for the things my mom desperately needed.
When suddenly, once again, my heart began to race. Man, what's happening?!

In a second I smelled this one familiar scent. It's something like, roses mixed with, strawberries?
Really?

Then I thought an angel was walking in front of me.
It's that girl again, Aidan.

*

Every Sunday morning, rather than having my mom desperately needed me to go to supermarket,

"I'm going now mom!"

She gave me a confused look.

I didn't know what was happening, to me. Like, really.
It's not that I wanted to go there happily, but there's some kind of force, pulling me there.
And every time I reached the supermarket, without my mom's purse or any cash, because it's not that my mom wanted me to buy things like every freaking Sunday morning! I would smell the same scent, see the same face. Every. Freaking. Time.

Man this Aidan girl was sure some kind of American Souichi!

*

"Calum? Is that freaking you Calum Hood?"

I turned to that voice. Oh God, not this guy!

"What're you doing here? My aunt told me you'd be here like, every Sunday morning?"

Man. My cheeks flushed. Why it must be Ashton?!

"Look, if I tell you exactly what has happened to me, I think you won't dare to believe me,"

Ashton giggled.

"Come on Cal, it's me, you can tell me anything and I know friends don't lie,"

He looked straight into my eyes, like saying he would believe me the second I talked.

"Okay," I gave up.

I told him everything. About the fast beating of my heart, that one familiar scent, that Aidan girl. That I saw her every Sunday morning, here. About American Souichi.

"So, you're saying she owns a Voodoo Doll of.. you? Calum Hood?"

I nodded.

"AHAHAHAHAHA"

The whole supermarket looked at us. I knew I had made a huge mistake.

*

"No! It's true! I can feel it!"

"What? You feel like she's watching you everywhere you go?"

"Touching you but she's not even walking beside you?"

The others laughed out loud. I felt like I couldn't even smile for a bit.

"It's not a joke, come on. I can feel it. Every time she's somewhere near, my heart starts to race. It feels like she's some sort of magnet, pulling me in to her. Now I can't stop thinking about her!"

My voice was shaking. The other guys looked at me.

"You know what Cal," Luke said.

"We think you're in love," They said it at the exact same time.

This time, I laughed out loud. In love?! With that Aidan?

"Are you kidding me?! I don't even like her!"

"Yes of course, because you have fallen in love and you're dumb you don't even realise that!"

*

Few weeks passed.
And I still couldn't stop thinking about her.

"Just go and tell her,"

"This love sickness can only be cured if you freaking go to see her and tell her the truth!"

It might be it. I was in love.

"But what about the Voodoo Doll theory I made?"

"Just go and tell her!!"

*

I was so sure that Aidan was in our batch. The same age as us. I'd seen her during the first batch meeting. I knew that orange hair. I knew it was her.

"Aidan? There's no one named Aidan here,"

"Nope, Aidan's not here,"

"We don't have Aidan, Aisacc yes,"

I heaved a sigh. One last class. This must be it.

I knocked on the door.

Someone opened it.

"Yes? What can I help you?

"Is there anyone named Aidan here? With orange hair? Ocean blue eyes?"

I saw his face changed. What? Aidan's his girlfriend? Really?

"Um, ehem, what do you need from her?"

I cleared my throat.

"I.. I.., need to see her for a while, I have something to settle down with her, please it won't take long,"

He seemed puzzled. I didn't give him any riddles or difficult explanation, did I?

"Please, I really need to see her. I'm sorry if she is your girlfriend or what, but I really need her to stop doing things to me,"

"Things... like what?"

"Like.., watching me from afar, attracting me, driving me crazy ugh why am I telling you this?! Just get her out here, please!"

He grabbed my shoulders.

"Look, I don't even know who you are, what are you talking about, but Aidan's gone, get it?"

This time I looked puzzled.

"What? What do you mean by.. gone? She transferred?"

He sighed.

"Aidan Tyler's no longer here. She died last year. Drowned in the river near the main park."

My eyes were almost out of their sockets.

*

"So, you're sure you're not crazy?"

I was speechless. I knew I'd seen her before this. I knew it was her.

"You know what, let's write a new song,"

I stood up. The others stared at me blankly.

"This new single is called Voodoo Doll,"

- 5 Seconds of Summer, Voodoo Doll



















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Daylight 2#

"Slut!"

Say Don't Go