Catch Me When I Fall

Assalamualaikum

This time waking up in the morning was hard.

But it wasn't just in the morning.
It also happened after your power nap, after-class nap, after every time you ran away from reality.

I woke up each time feeling a sharp pain in my chest,
Saying to myself oh, those were my reality.

Those teary eyes, windy times,
They were all real.

I had been clapping on my own, I knew it all along.

The feeling of lost,
The feeling of knowing yourself was hurt,
Were all painful. I was trying to get used to this reality,
But when I fell back to sleep I couldn't remember any of these.

That caused me pain when I woke up.
It's like, I had to teach myself again and again to get used to it.
I had to tell myself all over again which one was the reality, and which one was the fantasy.

Ya Rabb, catch me.
And I know only You will.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Daylight 2#

"Slut!"

Conceptual Metaphor