Common Denominator

Assalamualaikum

Remember the first time I saw you,
Under that one shady tree, or was it just a shrub?
I thought it was everlasting, a remarkable place,
But recently I noticed that spot was empty.

Empty, it was replaceable after all.
Just like us.

I recalled back the little things about you,

Remember each and every time I bumped into you,
I couldn't handle the adrenaline rush and quickly hid myself,
It was obvious, and stupid for sure.
But recently I knew I felt nothing.

Nothing, it faded away after all.
After years.

It was the first eid and it was my birthday,
Looking back at those times you never wished all by yourself.
While I never missed every 13th of January.
But you were nice and sweet enough to reach me out through someone else.
You were, my favourite.

It was flawless,
We were blind after all.

That beige jeans, black sweater,
Last row in the bus, mcflurry, potato chips,
Cold night, colourful lights on the trees,

It was clear. You meant most of the things for me back then.
And we were both too young and clueless.

Too young, and innocent.
Too young, too much more for us to live and learn.
What is good, what is bad.

You made your time for me and it was nice of you.
You cared once and you remembered.

I can't believe I'm still using the same old password.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Daylight 2#

"Slut!"

Conceptual Metaphor