If You Don't Know

Assalamualaikum

I tried to convince myself that I was good.
It was good, knowing that you finally had decided things on your own.

You should have gone way earlier.
Those notes you left for me,
Were you thinking of ways to make me feel better?
Did you think of me, that way back then?

I bet you never did.

It came out that way, you might feel heavy.
You felt like you needed to at least, help me to feel a little bit better.

You could, even without that sugar-coated questions.
You could, even without those half hearted sayings and talks.
You could, but I guess your mind was a bit clouded,
You took short cuts, ended up making me feel way better than before,
But you knew it was temporary.
It wasn't the truth after all.

I bet you did try, once or twice.

But you couldn't make it a reality.
You couldn't, because your heart was saying the opposite.

Now,
Hold it tight, and don't go back.
But then it has always been in your hands; the choice.

I will erase you completely.
I did it once and it will be twice.
It's okay. It's just another phase of life.
People come and go, so do I.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Say Don't Go

Daylight 2#

"Slut!"