Start Again

Assalamualaikum

You seemed strong on the outside,
Your shoulders were broad,
With your straight back,
You stepped out in full confidence.

But just like others, sometimes you're trying to find ways to hide your insecurities.
Sometimes your stand was shaken by the people around you.
Sometimes you didn't even know yourself.
Sometimes you felt useless,
You were no good.

I had always liked you, and the way you spoke.
How you could pick up beautiful words and didn't sound bad,
Even though the things you were to say wouldn't be pleasing to others,
You said the truth without hurting, at least you tried.

I had always liked to convince you, you're doing just fine.
In fact you're doing so good and so perfect in my eyes.
But the things from my view weren't something so convincing,
You would need better, and others'.

You're going to face another phase of life,
So good luck with that.

I hope people around you will care for you.
I hope someone will ask you whether you've eaten or not,
What you would like if you haven't.

I hope there will be some who know if you're sick.
And care, not too little and not too much,
Just enough to make you feel good.
Not too early, not too late,
Just enough to make it on time.

I hope people around you are all good,
Will always show you to do good,
And remind you of Allah.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Daylight 2#

"Slut!"

Say Don't Go