Why Won't You Love Me

Assalamualaikum

Where did you go? But honestly, I shouldn't mind.
Everywhere you went, left or right,
Upside or down,
You shouldn't be on my mind.

People said never hold on to the memories,
But those were the ones who kept us alive,
In the back of my mind, at least.
That's why I never burnt them away,
But they weren't that safe either here.

You used to talk to me with a smile,
But recently I couldn't hear anything from you,
It's like you're unreachable, untouchable,
The more I tried the more it hurt,
To know that you might not want to be looked for.
By me.

The moments we spent weren't that long,
But your stay was more than enough to make me change my mind and stand,
I decided that you mattered to me.
You needed to stay, I needed you. To stay.

You might never know your absence had affected me, slightly.
And I never intended to let you know.
You don't need it, so just live.
And I will do the same.

"Can you tell me why my love, can you tell me why I hold on to you,
and you, hold on to me?"


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Say Don't Go

Daylight 2#

"Slut!"