Short Story

"Manchester, you?"

"Indianapolis,"

I had always liked him in light blue. He's not fair, nor dark. But the tone was just nice with that favourite colour of mine.

The first time we met, when I walked into that gift shop. And he was the cashier. The first time I looked at him, there's something attractive. Soon I realised he had such a dazzling smile. And such pinkish nails, and beautiful fingers.

Day by day we exchanged smiles. Soon I knew he lived nearby. Soon we exchanged numbers, and cups of coffee. In a blink of an eye, we became friends. Little did I know, he brought sunshine into my life.

Years of friendship, he had always been there for me. One day I was locked out of my hostel, he came to keep me accompany until the next morning. When I forgot to bring along my purse, he came by just to pay for me. Lately I'd been thinking, what would I be without him?

"What would I be without you?"

He showed me magic when he smiled that smile.

"You're gonna be just fine, trust me,"

Doing my postgraduate study in Manchester, while him in Indianapolis, it was going to be hard. The first time we're apart.

It's not that I had feelings for him. Or, I didn't know. It just felt like, this world was a better place with him by my side. Or, maybe I did like him after all.

Months gone, I was doing fine by myself. The calls became shorter, and lesser, and soon they had stopped. Guess that we both were busy.

"Let me guess, you're, Diannne?"
"I'm Ryan,"

The first time we talked, he looked so familiar. We had never met before, but that scent felt so close to me. And what's with that killing smile?

"I heard you like blue, so, how do I look?"

He turned around, showing off his new Guess shirt. I didn't know he would look this good in light blue. Again, this look seemed so familiar. And it felt like home.

He knew how to write poems. And every single day I would always get a piece from him.

"You like it? I can make many, of you and for you,"
"You're my muse,"

It felt like I'd been missing him for a lifetime. Him, being here with me, felt like I had finally found the lost puzzle I'd been looking for.

We shared a lot in common. Like our favourite tv show and cartoons. Rock bands and indie bands. He knew my favourite songs, and he understood my taste like no other. We only met for a few months, but the soul in him felt so close to me, and I felt content.

It felt like an empty spot had been filled in me.

"You know I like you, don't you?"

And I liked him too.

His eyes when he looked at me. His dazzling smile stealing my breath away. His hilarious laugh. His everything. It felt completely perfect with him beside me.

This feeling I had for him, it's like it had been in me since years ago.

Day by day, every bit of him seemed so familiar and it stressed me out. I knew I never met him before. But where did I see those two sparkling eyes before? When did I fall for that sweet smile before? He looked like someone I'd been knowing, but had forgotten. I'd been missing, but had been away for so long. I'd been loving, but too clueless to realise my own feelings.

"It's in Indianapolis, you wanna come with me?"

That place hit me in the chest. Indianapolis? I felt so warm hearing it. It really felt like home.

It's the second gift shop on the day I first met him after a year. But losing him for a year felt like decades.

Those eyes met mine. This time I really felt complete. That captivating smile that had always brought joy in to me. That one figure, which had given me a home when I had none. That soul, that had always kept mine.

The chaotic life had made me forget about him. With a guy who looked like him, I thought I loved Ryan for who he was. But I was wrong the whole time.

I didn't love Ryan, the one I had been keeping in my heart and my mind was Dylan. My best friend.

It's because Ryan resembled him, I fell. It's because I had been missing Dylan, I made this wrong choice.

"It's been a year, hasn't it, Dianne?"
"You look so beautiful,"

Again, in light blue he looked so perfect in my eyes.

"Yes, she's my fiancee,"

The words were nice, not until I realised they were in Ryan's voice.







Comments

  1. i was so confused at first and then i read it slowly for the second time and damnnnnnnnn im shook ugh life is so unfair T^T at the end of the day, there would be some people that are hurting :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahahahaha sorry my writings are usually confusing they have always been like that ahahahahaahahahah

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Daylight 2#

Say Don't Go

"Slut!"