Short Story

Dylan looked at his watch.

"It's been fifteen minutes,"

His blue eyes were wild searching for someone. Deep down inside, he could already guess what's happening.

"There she is,"

No smile was shown on her face. Her lips was out of lipstick. Her fast pace reflected the pressure she's bearing on her shoulders.

The right door of his blue Subaru Forester was opened. As soon as their eyes were locked, she quickly bent in her body and slammed the door.

Dylan smiled a little. Luckily it's Subaru.

The car swam across the traffic sea. He could clearly feel her fast breathing since the first she came in. But he acted like he wasn't bothered by it. Now it's not the right time.

The sun set beautifully. The day was out. But they're still stuck in the traffic jam.

Dylan felt like the silence was too loud between them. He could no longer stand it.

He turned on the radio. Lauv- I Like Me Better was playing. His shoulders moved according to the beats of the song. It's his dance. The dance.

"What are you doing?" 

Her eyes were moving along with Dylan's broad shoulders. Right, left, and a little bit of shoulder rolling. She couldn't stop laughing. 

"It's obvious. I'm dancin',"

Dylan smiled, moving his shoulders to the beats of the song. 

"Come, dance with me!"

He pulled her hands, along with her laugh, they danced through the night. 

The first chorus had ended. Dylan looked at his right side. She was still frowning, the lines appeared on her forehead was more than before.

"You don't like it?"

He tried to break the silence between them.

"Hm? Say something, about the dance? At least?"

He turned her face, facing him. That small chin was easy to grab with his long fingers.

Slowly, tears fell down on her cheeks. Dylan smiled.

"It's okay, it's okay,"

Finally she burst into tears. It was loud. Dylan could only stroke her back.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry,"

Her tears sank her words, but Dylan could hear her clearly. Once again, he smiled.

"I'm sorry but the work is just too much it stresses me out! I'm sorry I slammed the door on you"
"I'm sorry, I didn't smile.. I-I'm-I'm really sorry!"

She cried her eyes out, slamming her face on his tall shoulders.

"It's okay honey, you can put it all on me"
"I know you're losing your balance, and I got it,"
"Spill your tears, it's okay,"
"Slam the door,"
"I can take it,"
"I can, always, take it for you Delilah,"

- PG, Put It All On Me


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Say Don't Go

Daylight 2#

"Slut!"