In The Snow

Assalamualaikum

Remember when we talked about the names of snow?
I recalled back the moments I had you around my nights.
How those jalousie windows brought in the wind,
How those little sun rays in the morning woke me up in the heat.
It was summery back then. It had always been that way.

The days I had you around were the best.
You were gentle and soft, got me on my knees,
You understood me in a perfect view, 
And you were my favourite kind of scenery. 
It had always been that way.

And you were always that kind of dream that I could never imagine having.
You were a dream, too good to be true. Too bad it wasn't true. 
But for me, wanting you sometimes was all I needed. 
To get me through the lonely days and nights.
To get me through the heat on the first floor.
To get me through the late mornings and vacant rides.
I wanted your presence so bad, and you would always show up for me. 

You would always tell me you understood.
And would always make me understand.
You were always humble and sometimes you were too kind to tell me,
You could never want me, as bad as I did want you by my side.

Some days I hated myself to have the same tongue as you. 
Because all the things I tasted good would remind me of you.
They would always bring me back to you, 
And those days were there to tell my people I suffered a lot. 
But I could never hate you. 

Never once I hated you for being so admirable,
So fascinating, so captivating.
As you always are. 

So happy listening. 
I hope you're happy, dancing in the kitchen by the snow. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Daylight 2#

Say Don't Go

"Slut!"