TS - Afterglow

 Assalamualaikum. 

My love, 
Hurting you will always be the last thing on my mind. 
If I could cross it out, I would undoubtedly do it over and over again.

You are the unexpected visitor, peeking through the windows.
But the times gave you a place very near to me. 
It's close enough to see what I would do to keep you here, 
But you told me there was nothing to conclude. 
Of me and my feelings, towards you. 

My love,
The sun would know my mind is nowhere near me, 
The soul wanders around searching for you in the memories.
The moon would know it's you that I long for,
And when you're nowhere to be found,
It's the warmth of the thought of you that stays around,
Until the 3am words you speak to me echo in my mind.

My friend told me I should never beg.
But for you my dear, 
I put down all my tough walls, my best armor, my everything,
Just for you. 
My friend told me to throw my ego away,
And for you my dear,
I'd go down to the lowest part that's left of me just to make you feel okay.
And I'm truly sorry for the times you thought I shouted at you,
When it was my small voice pitching so high when the tension smothered the calm air I took in. 

For you my love, I run over all the rules set to keep me safe.
I always make it sound like I deserve you, and I've done my very best for someone or something.
When in fact, I stop halfway, sipping cold juice and feel too tired to give it my all.
I'm sorry if you feel this way. 

I will always want to keep you safe. 
Take care of you the way you want.
And resolve all of your longingness.
So come home.
Come home to me. 








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Daylight 2#

Say Don't Go

"Slut!"