Sober

 Assalamualaikum

Reading back all of her short stories,
I think I've forgotten all those short clips of my life,
And I bet I told her all about them, with butterflies in my stomach.

It was mundane, black and white.
But I was there when you coloured them iridescently.
They were between the puzzles and fits,
And those stolen stares and glimpses. 
You coloured me in those times.

It was the upstairs.
The new concrete which had become old,
And the coldness I felt shiver down the spine.  

A lot has been buried down.
And I think there's no need for me to dig it back up.
It's best for them to be untold, to be forgotten.
As the closures were solemn, let it never be returned. 

It was the bittersweet moments I had with you,
Without you knowing, 
Without us being near to each other.
The distance between us has always been so great and so big,
And I had always known,
It was written for us to be apart.

So it's time for us to keep the oath, with gold and silver mnemonic,
And let the old times remain old, never renewed,
Just like how it is meant to be. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Daylight 2#

Say Don't Go

"Slut!"