Foolish One

 Assalamualaikum

Life can be so busy and so relaxing at times.
Luxury gives people choices.
And at such a young age,
I can create choices but it will be fated for doom. 
I don't have the luxury.

So I began travelling far from my nest.
I had always liked strangers' company.
I was foolish for thinking they would have the same affection as I did.
I tend to forget they were total strangers who never saw my birthmark.
So I moved on past them.

The distance became bigger.
And I became wiser.
I made a circle and I kept it small.
Even smaller, as the years went by.
I always believe those figures in that little circle are worth to keep.
So I keep them with me.

The wrinkles began to surface. 
People mistaken me for someone even younger than my age.
I smiled thinking it's a compliment.
But then the mirror never lies.
I keep seeing that one line of wrinkle,
And today my under eyes seem to have few of them. 

I have become so busy. Not that I want it.
But this life is short and bustling,
Forcing me to be desperate of luxury.

We are taught to chase for luxury.
Rich people seem to have it easier.
But everyone of us has issues.
And still, rich people resolve them easier. 

Now you're too busy. 
You said you're being busy for me and for us.
I never want you to taste the bitterness of regret,
But sometimes I want you to be scared of the thought of regret.
Regret of the times you should've spared for me,
When I was still there.
Because now my soul is thinning,
While the passion for living has vanished. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Daylight 2#

Say Don't Go

"Slut!"