Something Inside 2#

Assalamualaikum

The nights you called out for me,
I thought I should be thankful,
At least I knew someone needed me.
At least I knew,
Someone kept my existence.

The nights you told me about you,
I thought I was in trouble,
I couldn't bear anyone's trust in me, I was afraid I might break it.
But I tried to bear those things, along with you.

I tried to feel the same as you.
But I'd always known we could never be one.
You and I were different. I could never feel you deep enough, neither you could.

The nights you said you were worthless.
I thought I was going to be mad. In fact I was,
I asked you the reasons of you telling yourself you're worthless,
You told me none. I thought you weren't one as there was no solid reason.
You told me you were. I told you no.
I asked for reasons but once again you could not come with any.
You couldn't. Because you weren't one.
You were not worthless.

I was always worried about me, being with you. Whenever you needed me.
I knew I couldn't be someone that could actually soothe whatever that's in you.
But you called for me anyway. You called and I came.

I need you to feel okay. When I know it's hard but I need you to feel okay.
I need you to feel that you're good enough.
We have our own flaws and nobody is perfect. But we're good enough.
You, are good enough.
Enough for simple things. Little things.

But then there will be times when we need to be extra than we already are.
That's the moment we have to improve and try to change for a better somebody.

People change. You and I will one day change, too.

Shifting back and forth,
Changing, and I hope we're going to be better.

Don't tell me you're worthless the next time we meet.
When you have that one beautiful smile that I love to see.
When you have that one heart that couldn't stand seeing your friends alone.
Because you know how it feels like and you don't want them to feel the same.

Don't tell me you're worthless the next time I come down to meet you.
When you always have the best words to lift me up whenever I'm feeling down.
When you, are always there for everyone of us.

When you, are made by Allah.
When you, are loved by Him.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Daylight 2#

"Slut!"

Say Don't Go