I Miss You 3#

Assalamualaikum

The Sun shone another day,
I woke up as usual.

Between the classes we spent our time,
And the few minutes gap we had and I would be late,
I never noticed the clock where you came in,
But I guess you were always on time.

The afternoon came and the gap happened to be longer.
Sometimes I had to fight the urge to sleep after the jamaah prayer.
And the thought of having classes after this won me over.
My friends would wait for me outside, so I knew I had to go out and had lunch.

I would eat the orange they gave like it's an apple.
Guess that I was lazy enough to eat it like a normal one would do.
I remember reading the newspaper while my mouth was full with its juice,
But I never could recall the moments you stepped in to the class.

The evening prep class my friends would lose me.
But sometimes I would lose them as well. Or the four of us would lose one another.
But as the war was drawing in closer, day by day,
I came back to my real sense as a student so I did my study and homework.

Asar was approaching so we packed up our things.
I remember one moment I saw you,
Before I looked back at the ground beneath my feet, like always,
You waved and I couldn't escape.
I smiled and waved back.
But at that time it was never a scene to be remembered.

Riadah was never my forte. I would be extra sleepy in the evening.
Guess that I'd been using my energy attending to the stairs and labs.
But sometimes my friends would make me do something like skipping.
And sometimes I liked to jog.

Night prep had a nice breeze.
It felt like my brain was so fresh to start fighting once again.
My friends were awesome you know, they were the strength in my eyes.
Subhanallah they were so hardworking and that sometimes motivated me.
I am so blessed to have them with me.

The times I spent for days, months and years there with them,
Were just so precious I wanted to go back to those golden days, really.
Many things happened and I did learn a lot.
I didn't even know who I was, but now I could say the things there shaped me.

But between those days and times I sailed through,
I couldn't describe things about you well.
The memories weren't blurry.
It's just, the tapes weren't there for me to play back.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Daylight 2#

"Slut!"

Say Don't Go