You

Assalamualaikum

This time the beginning of the pages looked alike.
The first time we met honestly I felt comfortable having you around.

The spinning chair I sank myself in while holding a pen,
Trying to get some things resolved with you in front of me, and her beside,
I didn't remember feeling sleepy, but I guessed we talked more often than discussing, didn't we?

We found out you actually wore glasses through that one polaroid you showed us.
I found out we had things in common.

You were something and I sometimes needed to stop getting myself distracted.
But times went by I told myself we only met for this one purpose and that's it.

Times did fly away, so did you.

The second time we met honestly I remembered feeling nothing.
It was neutral. But still, you're that one type that could get along with anything easily.

The wooden chair I tried to break while scribbling things on my notes,
The spring in every step you took I never bothered to look at,
I guessed we did talk things sometimes, but I didn't remember what the topics and functions were.

Your voice has always been something else in this world,
I remembered the moments we laughed and that one time you're supposed to dance,
But at the end of the class you didn't, we waited but it was okay.

That one book you lent me, I cried in that one seat between the other desks and chairs,
My friend laughed, she didn't even know the storyline.
I'm sorry I didn't return the book earlier to you, in the end it went missing. I'm sorry.

I never bothered to notice things about you.
Where you went missing in those times, what were the feelings you let surround you,
Because most of the times you were there, in your seat.
Most of the times you knew your responsibility and you did well.

Most of the times you never went away. You stayed with us.
And I never thought of you leaving.
But life goes on. We parted and took our own path.

Yesterdays you did grow taller than before I guess.
But you still have those spring steps.
Tight jeans that looked the same as in those nights.
The voice that had been so long since the last time I heard.
You were authentic, looking so real but a bit pale.

For some reasons I need you to know that,
You need to stay healthy.
You need to stay safe and take care of yourself.
I know you have done everything so well, you have always tried your best.
No matter how you look like to me it could never be a mess.
If they said you look like one then it is a perfect kind of mess.
Well, they could handle it so well if it's you.

If one day we seldom talk and having to know about lives,
You still need to stay healthy.
Stay safe and always try your best, I know you would always give everything your best.
No matter how far you go, only Allah can get you there.

Things can never be wasted if we do them because of Allah.
No matter what people say if we try our best lillahitaala, I believe we will be rewarded with something which is much better.

You are good.
In every look and every way you never have to try.

If one day we lost connection,
Stay good, the way you are.
But I also believe all of us need to change for the better version of ourselves.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Daylight 2#

"Slut!"

Say Don't Go