5 Seconds of Summer - Want You Back

Assalamualaikum

Yesterday I had a Speech Communication lecture.
We learned the basic components of communication and the principles.
I got the third principle to be read and explained, and I found it deep to be true.

"No one can step twice into the same river, nor touch mortal substance twice in the same condition. By the speed of its change, it scatters and gathers again," - Heraclitus, Greek Philosopher

It said a river is a dynamic process, so does communication.
Communication keeps changing. The contexts, the conditions, you can never say the same thing in the same context and the same condition. Even in the same voice.

"We, like an audience or the river, are constantly changing," - Scott McLean

Yeah. People do change.

Someone asked me, is changing a bad thing?
Well, my eyes were heavy to think much about it, but even after I woke up till now, I honestly do not know how to answer.

I told her if we change to be someone better, then changing is not bad.
But to change to be worse than before, then I thought changing, in this context, is not so good.
Changing to new clothes, is not so bad. Changing the bed sheet, is not so bad too.
Changing heart, after you let someone keep it then, I don't know.

Some people said that it couldn't be avoided.
Seemed like they had no control over their own heart.
But yeah, sometimes I can't control mine too.

So, what's the answer to that question? I don't know.

Thinking about this brought you back to me.
You, had the change of heart when I saw no turbulence or small storm.

Thesaurus on her shelf brought you back to me.
When no one in the class had the determination to buy it, I saw yours, the smaller version on your desk. Or was it in your locker? I don't remember.

The moment when I was dehydrated brought you back to me.
You wished me to be fine, it seemed sincere.
I guess you were sincere and true to me all along.

It took me blood and tears to remind myself that you took a detour without me.
Then an email came one night when I was expecting nothing from you.
When I wiped those tears away it seemed like the wound was still there.
I must be crazy back then. The chapter was burnt and it was long ago.

What's even wrong with you?

But you know what,

"Hati itu berbolak balik sifatnya,"

And Allah owns it all.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Daylight 2#

"Slut!"

Say Don't Go