Maroon 5 - Wipe Your Tears

Assalamualaikum

Being alone in a crowd of the people you could easily recognize their faces.
Was hard. You were fighting an unknown battle inside you,
The sound of your own heart aching sometimes sank into the dry air,
As their laughter strangled your lungs.

Then you came like an inhaler for someone who had chronic asthma.
I thought I could survive if you were to stay with me.

I survived, and everything changed.

But somehow knowing you wasn't enough.
It felt like you were just showing the surface of you,
There was more of you but I didn't know how to reach it.

You are more than what you think you are.
The goals you wrote in your 2018 journal are all high and I feel suffocated just by hearing them.
You are so ambitious, and I know you would be working so hard to make those your new reality.

The way your eyes shine sometimes I could see mascara on the eyelashes.
Your smile is beautiful sometimes I'm dying to hear your laugh.

I want you to see you the way I've always done.
You are beautiful, just the way you are.
The way you scream out loud and laugh an evil laugh.
The way you cry alone when those leaders are asleep.
The way you keep your focus in class.
The way you walk and talk, the way you say my name.

You are so beautiful.

The way you put on that blusher,
Lipstick that motivates you after your every meal.

You are beautiful, even without those things.

You are beautiful,
Because Allah made you that way.

So precious and such a treasure.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Daylight 2#

"Slut!"

Say Don't Go