Time Spent Walking Through Memories

Assalamualaikum

Have you ever thought of me,
In those sleepless nights?

Have you ever caught a glimpse of me,
In those crowds you sank yourself into?

Have you ever wondered about me,
As now we're no longer seeing each other,
No longer calling for each other,
No longer finding ideas to skip this town with each other's shadows.

Is there anyone who looks like me?
Or resembles a bit of my smile?
Or the way my eyes speak to you?

No one here could do that to me.

You left too many footprints on my road.
They were all colourful,
But as it rained all over me,
I lost track of them, but didn't make myself to trace them back.
The colours faded away.

Where are you now?
I did ask a few people back then,
Glad to hear good things about you,
Glad to know that you're doing just fine,
Glad to see that,
Now I'm taking steps back to your past,
And let myself stay there.

Let the memories of me beside you remain in the past.
Let that part of me remain with the old you,
And those times we shared laughs and stories.
Those moments we thought we would last forever.
Those pasts that made me wonder,
About us.

You are one of the best memories I've ever had in my life.
Even now things have changed a lot,
And none of us tries to mend things,

You're precious to me.
Truly, honestly,
Amazingly,
Precious. 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Daylight 2#

"Slut!"

Say Don't Go