High Hopes

Assalamualaikum

I knew I was damaging myself even more,
I wanted to feel the pain until I couldn't feel a thing anymore,
But throughout this whole journey I learned that I wasn't bulletproof,
It was painful, my friends believed me.

But today would become the day where you're no longer in my life,
I said my goodbyes in tears watching you leave,
But we knew inside it was the best.

You were the ghost haunting me at nights,
But tonight I could finally have one real sleep without the lingering of your laughs.
If only I could stay, but it was actually if only I could be normal again.
Staying would mean dying for me, my friends believed me.

I was hoping for the upcoming days to see me becoming someone new,
Someone so fresh and I would start from zero, again.
Inshaallah.

You could always have my shoulders,
And cry all you want,
I would try to be there for you.
So tonight, it's okay to be fragile and I would still see you in my eyes.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Daylight 2#

"Slut!"

Say Don't Go