Better

Assalamualaikum

Losing someone so dear to you,
Knowing you won't ever get to see them again,
What else you can do,
Time doesn't stop for certain someone.

It's a trial for us.
I remember learning about this in high school, but I can't recall the exact ayah from Al-Quran.
No matter how much we love them, how much we care for them,
When the time comes, we can never tell them to not go.

In the end, we're all going to be gone.
To Allah only we will be returned to.

I'd lost nenek two years ago. It was still fresh, but actually, it feels like she's still here.
Somewhere, walking around the kampung like she used to, coming home late in the evening.
Every school break I would rarely see her in the morning. She liked to walk a lot.

But when she came home, she would start calling out my name, asking me to go downstairs and talked to me. She might want some attention from me, and the other people at home.
I grew up with her. The outsiders would just be making baseless assumptions about us, but whatever they said I know that I love her, with all my heart.

I'd lost futaba-chan last year. The first kitten I'd ever had. The first that licked my finger after a few days of our meeting, outside the kitchen door. The first, that could grab my dad's attention. Our whole family really loved him. Futaba would always jump around, and come out every time he heard the sound of my dad's Yamaha or the cars after school.

I'd lost oyen a few weeks ago. But I wasn't really close to him. But the thought of him getting beaten up by the other cats manages to make me cry a little.

Oyen had a brother, named Oyen too. I don't know why, but my parents call him Oyen. Oyen 1 was a bit talkative compared to his brother. Oyen 2 was hard to be approached, but after Oyen 1 has gone, it seems like he is trying to be like his brother. He makes sounds when he's hungry, and he's not that afraid anymore when we try to get close to him.

I never thought that cats would be affected by the event of losing someone close, until this evening.

"It looks like he can finally accept his brother is no longer here,"

I looked at my dad while thinking hard. I thought it was a made-up theory.

"How do you know?"

"He would always leave some whiskas behind, it's as if his brother would come later and eat it. But recently, he starts to eat the whole whiskas I give by himself."
"I guess, he has managed to accept the fact that the other one is no longer around,"

That, left me speechless.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Say Don't Go

Daylight 2#

"Slut!"