Short Story

"Don't you think the idea of loving someone, for the rest of your life, loving the same person until you die, is somewhat, beautiful?"

I nodded. Smiled gently.

"I'd love to be loved that way, and to love someone, that way,"

It was six years ago. It was something I had forgotten.
I had forgotten, that she was my first love.
I had forgotten, the ways to love her. And that was my mistake.

"There must be a time where it goes dull, you no longer feel the same excitement, sometimes a call by that person becomes a bother to you,"

I sipped the hot coffee while listening to him.

"But you can't let it be just like that. You don't go find someone else,"
"Instead, find out more about that person, discover more, learn more,"
"Find out new ways to love, find the sparks,"
"They are there, inside you, it's your job to light them up brighter,"
"Brighter, even brighter than your first,"

Sparks. Brighter.

Her eyes had always been something else. It's like, they emanated some kind of light.
They blinded me, the first time I saw her.

Dullness. No longer feeling.

Her love had always seemed like it's burning. Every morning. Every night. Every day.

"Then, what about you?"

What about me? I didn't really know back then. Having her next to me was enough. I thought I could keep her forever with me. Once I got her locked up, forever and more it would be us. That's what I thought.

Years gone by, I felt empty. Her eyes no longer emanated light. Her love burned me. Burned me until I could no longer feel anything.

"If you say so, then think what's best for you both. If you feel like you could no longer stay with her, then, talk things out. If you think you can let her go, then, that's it."

Letting go. That night I thought I had had enough. Of her. I thought letting her go was the best. I thought it was easy. It was, but not months after that.

I came home to turn on the lights by myself. The kitchen was empty. No food to be heated up. The refrigerator light didn't help me to see things inside it. There was nothing. The maids did cook, but it's not the same. It tasted different. Without her watching me at every meal.

I thought I could find someone else easily. But there were no other eyes that emanated light, the way her eyes did.

No smile was like hers. I thought I was finding someone new. But the real thing was, I tried to find someone like her.

The sparks. They had always been here after all.

"I'm happy for Jasmine, she looks happier now,"

That name froze me.

"Jasmine? You met her?"

"Yeah, her man treats her well. I think that's the one for her,"

Loving the same person for the rest of your life.

I ended up, loving only the ghost of her.

- 5 Seconds of Summer, Ghost of You






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Say Don't Go

Daylight 2#

"Slut!"