Ghost Of You

Assalamualaikum

I waited for you, to come to me again.
Like how you used to do.

The years I'd been knowing you,
I never thought you would mean something to me as time went by.

We didn't talk much.
But when we did, I enjoyed telling you about me and asking you random things.
You'd answer, but somedays your tone didn't sound so good.
But I guess, you also liked us talking.

I remember back then you used to approach me and ask me questions.
Most of the time my mind went black, my hands temperature would drop drastically.
Somedays I saw where you were looking.
Somedays I pretended like I didn't care.

I waited for you, but you never came back.
Even in pieces, I waited for you every day.
Every time I unlocked my phone.
Every time your face popped out in my mind.
Every day, until it became weeks, and months,
And the next thing I knew; I stopped.

It wasn't tiring, but I guess that's just how it is.
Time moved for me and I started to walk again,
I started to let you go and leave you in the past.

One evening you stopped by to say hi.
You told me it's been a long time since the last we talked.
You asked me how's life, how am I doing.
I answered even when I was confused,
But then I remember you gave up and walked away.

I could never comprehend you and your actions.
I understood your jokes but I wasn't joking with our feelings.

You seemed like you're doing just fine.
You went to places with her and you seemed fine.
I didn't like it, we all knew it wasn't a thing to be liked.

I knew you were doing good.
And I was happy for you.
But tell me now, how are you doing? Are you good?

What about those difficult tests and quizzes?
Your end year project? Have you been eating well?
You had migraine? What about it now?

Are you really fine?
Answer me, because I honestly don't know a thing about you.
And as the clock ticks, I know I wouldn't care anymore.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Daylight 2#

"Slut!"

Say Don't Go