Epiphany 2#

Assalamualaikum

The way we mouthed our names,
It sounded like you needed me for a second,
And for hours the things you said kept on replaying in my mind.

The red stain was already gone.
I finally could feel all normal, all me again.

You were still so beautiful it blinded my eyes.
The times apart had done you so well.
It showed how much better you turned out to be,
Without me.

You were still so amazing and it took my breath away.
The distance between us had shaped you so perfect you're shining brighter,
Than all of the smiles you'd shown me before.
And suddenly Justin Timberlake's songs sounded good.

You were still so far away from me.
And it made me realize that all of the good qualities you have are actually blinding me,
From seeing the truth that you did never need me to tell you,

That you are good enough.
That you did so well, you tried your best.
And sometimes people can be so cruel but that's how real life is, mate.

And I,
Never had the right to tell you those things, thinking that you might actually feel better.
I was never,
The caramel shots in your drinks on those tasteless days.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Daylight 2#

Say Don't Go

"Slut!"