Epiphany

Assalamualaikum

There's a lot in my head.

Like the smile you gave me in those days,
It seemed sincere, and I wanted to tell you,
You looked cute when you smiled me that smile.

And those shirts you were in,
I liked to make myself notice every single thing about you.
Like the way you walked ahead of me,
And how your voice sounded so distinct.
I liked it.

And the way I cried and the pain felt so real,
My heart was actually aching so loud I squeezed my chest hard.
And how you took your spring steps so fast I couldn't catch up.

The way I hurt you. The days you told me it was okay.

Those times when we made time for each other.
You told me things about the world around you,
And I enjoyed listening to every bit of you.

But today everything is different.
I could only see fragments of whatever is left of you in my head.
And I have finally forgotten how your voice sounds.

It is sad to think that we have become strangers.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Daylight 2#

Say Don't Go

"Slut!"