Sentuhan

Assalamualaikum

They said no matter how close you are with that person,
Sooner or later they will leave you.
They said it monotonously,
It's like they're so sure of that principle.
Like their hearts have been broken millions of times that they no longer have trust.

I felt something was off.
I told myself I needed to be myself just for a while.
But that was a crap talk. I was always myself with them.
I was always at my best around them.

They were my sunshine, my source of energy.
I'd like to believe they were actually the ones I could call home.
The ones who could give me comfort in my rainy days.

Sometimes I wanted to run away,
But the thought of having no one that would chase after me stopped me.
I hated this. I sounded so selfish. The world doesn't revolve around me.
I know.
Being selfish only feels good for a second.
But that one second is actually something sweet but a pain in the chest.

It sucks in every bit of oxygen you need to breathe.

I'd like it if they stay.

But sometimes it felt like I belonged to nowhere.
No one here could actually accept me for who I am.
Is it?

I don't know.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Daylight 2#

Say Don't Go

"Slut!"