Past

Assalamualaikum

Listening to my old playlist sure is something else.
I never thought those songs would actually give me quite a feeling.

I have always liked to look for songs which have special meaning, and which I can relate to.
Songs which remind me of someone, or something. Or events in life.

People come and go, but they would always leave traces and I would pick songs for them.
And those lyrics and melodies are the one which would be reminding me of the ones who have been away, those who have left, those who no longer bring any meaning. And soon those songs will no longer matter, and the traces will surely be washed away. And I, soon, will slowly forget about them.

I, will slowly walk away from you. Just like how the thought of you could no longer move my heart to write, I will slowly forget the colours you used to paint on the canvas of my heart. The feelings which I could recall, but to know how they feel, is something I can no longer describe.

I end up knowing it is never about me. You did never care, didn't you? The days I kept you close to me were the days I enjoyed the most. You were beautiful to me, and I never did go through a single day without realising how much I adored you, and how meaningful you were, to me. I liked you a lot to be able to hurt myself that much, and cared for you a lot to let it slide away with the tears you cried.

All the tales you told me, I planned to keep it in the deepest part of my memory. I would try to remember every single thing about you. But now I wouldn't care if the waves take them from me, little by little each time I hang out by the seaside.

You showed up in my dreams for countless of times these days. It might be the hours, days and months between us. I thought about you a lot when they told me not to, and ended up dreaming about you.

You, the friend who owns an instagram account which I've been following since years ago but we don't talk anymore. You, the classmate whose number I've lost since years and years ago. You, the friend who I barely knew back then. You, the one who drove me crazy thinking my heart fell for the wrong person back then. You, and every one of you.

Thank you for the lessons you taught me. Thank you for staying in the past with me. Thank you, for everything.

- fictitious




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Say Don't Go

Daylight 2#

"Slut!"