CG - People Watching

 Assalamualaikum

Your presence was taken for granted, by the one who claimed to own the most love for you.
I sometimes found myself pacing back and forth,
Thinking about your sincerity and the thing you knew was honesty.
The doubts were always there. 
They were there, didn't submerge down enough to die.

Because it felt good. Because you're around. 
It felt safe to hear you making stupid jokes, and me trying to laugh cautiously.
Didn't want you telling me the line was cut because of my loud and hilarious laugh, again.
I always believed I could go so far for you. I could be breaking many walls and rules, for you.

But when eye to eye, you could see the wall before your eyes standing so tall.
With those dried leaves, still weirdly rooted on the ground. 
You couldn't see the one who told you she was unarmed and free. 
She was fully armoured. Wasn't free at all. 
I happened to contradict myself. 
But I never lied when I said I would lay down my jacket to protect you from the dirty small pool.
I never lied when I said, 
I'd give you my all.

It was there, the intention to give you more than your unknown expectations. 
But somehow, along the way, I pulled the reality apart from the screen.
You could never hide your pretty face. And I saw the crystal clear disappointment on it. 

I have always taken you for granted. 
I would always be mad and crazy, so emotional in love with you. 
Come home to me. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Daylight 2#

Say Don't Go

"Slut!"